Tuesday, June 28, 2011

BBM --- Building Bridges

It's our monthsary!
note by sdj3rd
It's still nakakakilig remembering when around 61 months ago, Trisha and I were passing little notes (like the one posted above) to each other. She would insert post-its with sweet nothings in my books (which i would be able  to read months after because I only open my books the night before an exam, hehehe... ) Sometimes I would slide a piece of paper or even a tissue to her, during classes for us to "text chat" because we were bored.We would use codenames, like sdjrd for me and 3sha for her. Our "text chats" would reach pages making kulitan and lambingan to each other or discussing about our boring prof, our irritating classmates or just about anything.
Doodles.
We even "chat" with our drawings and doodles that only the two of us can understand. We were like separated from the rest of the world when we did those things.
books with notes inside from 3sha.

Come sembreak, Christmas break or summer break, when the two of us would go home to our respective provinces and be seaprated for months, i would give her one of my notebooks. She would write on it everyday, like a diary. It also serves a her countdown of the days before our reunion for the next semester. The excitement of meeting her again doubles because I want to read her daily notes on my notebook. This really lessens the loneliness of us being apart, and it was effective! Look at us, we're still together, hahaha...


It's really fun reminiscing those things.

These stopped when she graduated last year. She is now working at Makati, and I m still in QC studying. We still constantly see each other, although not as often as before; and we still communicate with each other regularly with calls and texts. But there's something about those post-its and notes that makes me miss them. It was knowing that only the two of us can send and receive through our "network," this makes it special to us.

With the dawn of technology and some internet lurking (thanks Unbox.PH!), I have just found out that our special notes, post-its and "text chats" in tissues are now digitized! Now, other people can send and recieve messages through their own "network" using their mobile phones. It is through a service called BBM or BlackBerry Messenger using their BlackBerry handsets with BlackBerry Internet Service. This got me really interested on BBM. I started reading about it more and even found this video:


After researching on BBM, I immediately wanted this phone for the two of us! Specifically the BlackBerry Bold 9780. The video shows about flirting which is exactly what we were doing during those times, we were flirting with each other, the only difference is we were doing it exclusively with each other (of course!).Now, we could flirt with each other using our mobile phones! I also like that BlackBerry would build a bridge of connection to our respective locations, may it be be Makati - QC or Bacolod - Bulacan.
BBM PIN example (not mine.)

And on that bridge will only be the two of us. Instead of our codenames (sdj3rd and 3sha), we will be linked by the PIN of our Blackberries. These PINs are uniquely assigned to each BlackBerry unit and are used to contact a BlackBerry user.


We can now send messages to each other anytime, anywhere. What's more fun is that we can send infinite number of messages without any costs on our load. we just have to subscribe to BIS monthly. It's really like having our own network! Using BBM, not only can we send sweet nothings 24/7, we can also share what we're with pictures using the BlackBerry 9780's 5MP camera!
with BB's we're not primitive anymore! ahaha...!
Trisha's birthday is on July 8, I hope to give her side of the "bridge" by then.
Trisha's Bday cake.


It's okay that she'd be the first to have a BB (Birhtday Berry), I'll just have to work a little more (I'm a working student) so that I can have my own. Besides my birthday is also around the corner (july 25) so maybe someone would give me my side of the bridge, my very own BirthdayBerry! HAHAHA!!!

--------------
For more info on BBM and Blackberry 9780, check out Blackberry Pilipinas and Unbox.PH on Facebook!

1 comment:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 ikatlong kanto. Powered by Blogger